Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Rainy days, relaxing days

That spectacular lightening storm that hadn't hit the peninsula arrived last night and stayed through today. It poured buckets overnight...love the sound of rain pounding on the tin roof, with thunder in the background, and the warm, humid air wafting in through the windows, propelled through the room by the whirling ceiling fans. Rain slowed the pace of the day today. Spent some time catching up on email this morning, then went for a swim and read by the pool. Had to move under the umbrella for a bit when the rain started up again, but only did that to keep the iPad drier. The temp of the air and rain made it quite comfy to sit outside; I was already wet from swimming anyway.



Since it wasn't a beach day, I decided the only way to dismiss my work stress for good was to bang out some product, so off I went to the Bakery to soak up the wifi. And the lovely steak & blue cheese panini followed by passion fruit cheesecake and a latte didn't hurt. I hit my stride, so I am thinking that by the end if tomorrow I'll have just my assistant's and my own Eval data to wrap it up. For the first time since I've been in this position, I have some hope of completing the current year's work before having to start the next one. How cool is that?

Here's to tomorrow, another day in paradise, and more laid back cafés to stumble upon.









No comments:

Post a Comment